Posted on July 9th, 2020 by Caitlyn Miller
This is hands down my favorite salmon recipe! It is so juicy and bursting with flavor. I call it my Spicy Mongolian Honey salmon and it is great paired with green beans and white rice. It is so easy to make and prepare. Simply marinate it with the ingredients, put it on a pan with the green beans and cook it in the oven! You are barely putting in any energy to have a delicious and healthy dinner in under 30 minutes. I have only ever had salmon this juicy at a seafood restaurant, so I was pleasantly surprised when this tasted exactly like that!
Tips For Making Spicy Mongolian Honey Salmon
- I used fresh caught Atlantic Salmon, however, any other salmon will work just fine!
- I suggest putting aluminum foil on top of the pan, instead of putting the salmon on the pan itself. It saves clean up and helps all the sauce stay in place.
- This salmon taste best when paired with jasmine rice, however, any other type of rice will work just the same.
- If you have time, marinating the salmon anywhere between 15-30 minutes will allow the flavor to really stand out.
I poured some of the marinade over my green beans as well and they turned out amazing! I let the marinade sit on the green beans and salmon for about 15 minutes before popping them in the oven. The key to making this salmon taste so juicy is to not over cook it. I would recommend checking your salmon 1-2 times throughout the cooking process just to make sure it is not overcooking.
Ingredients Needed For This Recipe
- 1/4 cup Mongolian sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6-8 oz Salmon
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grab a pan and place aluminum foil on top of it. I like to spray my foil with cooking spray just to make sure food does not stick. Place salmon on aluminum foil.
2. In a medium bowl mix all ingredients together that are listed. Pour the mixture on top of the salmon (and green beans, if you wish.
3. Place pan in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until salmon is no longer a bright pink in the middle. Enjoy!
Health Benefits Of Eating Salmon
- Excellent vitamin B complex source
- Assists in proper thyroid function
- Promotes brain health
- Fights joint inflammation
- Promotes healthy skin
- May benefit weight control
- Great lean protein option
- A potassium rich food
These are just to list a few health benefits, there are so many more!
There are so many different options you can choose to pair salmon with! My favorite are rice and green beans, but here are a few others to give you some variety.
- Brown rice
- White rice
- Sweet potatoes
Let me know how this dish goes and if you enjoyed it just as much as I did!